Snail ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bruinsbro1997

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw this on my tank glass this night. I have zero experience with snails, what is it???

Sorry for the crappy pic this was taken by my phone.

Malaysian trumpet snail...hmm you sure? I have read they like to stay in the sand bed, this one is no where near it. I'm going to get another pic soon.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Malaysian trumpet snail...hmm you sure? I have read they like to stay in the sand bed, this one is no where near it. I'm going to get another pic soon.

They like to but that doesn't mean they are always in the substrate. I have MTS in my tanks and you'll see some of them on the glass. Just google MTS and see if that's what you have.

You are right, that is what I have!!! I only see one, is it some possible hitchiker? I have never bought any and only added plants two months ago to the tank...perhaps there are more? I don't know I don't see any others, but it's late here so maybe it's too dark to see any. Do they need any special care???

No not realy but if he hitchhiked in a couple of months ago u might have ALOT hiding in the sand! I like all 1000 ish of mine I put 4 assassin snails in the tank to try and keep there # down

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110807_004120.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110807_004120.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 91
WOW 1000? That's a lot of MTS! Holy cow didn't know you could get that many! For now I only see one, I will keep you guys updated and see if I find anymore!

Yeah I really have no idea how many there are. But there's ALOT! If u don't like them put a some lettuce in the tank at night and first thing in the morning pull it out. With any luck u will find a bunch on it. But there nice to have if your bad with over feeding

No, I think I'll keep them! I have a sand bed that has not been stirred up in about a month, think these guys whould do the trick! I'm fine with snails, if it becomes a problem I'll just get an assassin snail or something.

Back
Top Bottom