Snail ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burger Wife

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I have a 20g high. I just found this snail in the tank even though I did not put any snails in the tank. Is it gIMG_20170616_113004_HDR.jpgood or bad? Also what kind of snail.is it? I am planning to get MTS but haven't bought them yet. However this does not look like an MTS.
I took.it out of the tank and put it on a green cloth to take pics, what should I do with it now?
IMG_20170616_112956_HDR.jpg

Not 100% sure from photos but it is probably a pond snail or bladder snail. If you found one there are probably more. I don't mind them and they only eat plants if the plant is dying in my experience. They will reproduce though. Usually you can keep the population reasonable by not overfeeding the fish.

+1
I like having them in the food chain. They're not as unsightly as other larger snails and most hungry fish eat them; they're shells are extremely brittle. No way near as hard as mts shells nor will they shift the substrate as well

Well I have 10 pygmy cories and planning to get a pair of cockatoo cichlids and some otos too. Will teh snails be food for anything? Also will the snails add alot of bioload to the tank?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom