Snail paranoia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerdo84

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi folks
My tank is relatively new and when I stocked it I got an accidental free gift of an apple snail. That's fine but now 5 other snails have appeared, assuming eggs were on some live plants I got. I just can't decide what they are! I'm assuming ramshorn. My water is extremely soft as I am lucky enough to live in Scotland, so I wondered if this would be enough to control them? Or do they have to go?
Thanks in advance!

If "what would be enough to control them"? As far as I know the apple won't eat your hitchhiker snails. I'm pretty sure that ramshorns reproduce like crazy (not sure as I have never had those). If you don't want a tank full of them, Id get rid of them now and keep your eyes open for more hiding in there. What else do you have in that tank? What size is it? Good luck.

Put a piece of lettuce down in the evening and in the early morning pull it out, hopefully covered with snails that you can then toss out (or I'll take them, mine have all been eaten by my GSP's lol).

Back
Top Bottom