Snail Photo & Question -Large, but cool, photo-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David14259

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, what exactly is happening here? I'm refering to the large protuberance on the right side. I assume this is the thingy they use to breath in air at the surface, but are they supposed to walk around the tank with it hanging out?

apple5.jpg

Mine do that all the time.

Yes, that is a breathing tube.

They are only a couple of notches above pond scum :) They get confused sometimes.

I don't know the answer to your question, but that is one awesome photo! You should enter it in the FW photo of the month contest! 8)

severum mama said:
I don't know the answer to your question, but that is one awesome photo! You should enter it in the FW photo of the month contest! 8)

Thanks, I don't know about the contest, its a bit blury, and I really should get around to cleaning the glass.

the snails i just bought last week are a little shy, they stick to the bottom and only come out when its dark

I agree great photo! It is very common for them to do that. It is the breathing tube. Healthy, normal snail you got there. Very pretty one too!

Great pic of the snail. I love to see this type of photograph since I am fairly new and interested in all the other aspects of the aquatic world.

Alright guys, you talked me into it and I entered the contest...from what I've heard there haven't been many entries for May -- I need some competition. Get your cameras out and take some pics!

Back
Top Bottom