Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xCidos

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i have a 5 gallon freshwater tank with about a 1 teaspoon to 1 table spoon aquarium salt added to it. I have 1 mickey mouse platty 1 balloon molley 1 double swordtail and 1 betta. About a couple weeks ago i got a jave fern. They were selling snails in that tank as far as i remmeber. Yesterday i noticed this little guy going around my tank. I am just wandering is it something to be concerned about and what species of snail is it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-02-03-05-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-03-02-03-05-37.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2017-03-02-03-05-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-03-02-03-05-21.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 67
I concur. Odds are more probably hitched a ride. they are known as pest snails and can take over a tank. They also can eat plants. I say crush it/kill it while you have the chance. or if possible take it back to the place you got it from.

speaking from experience. they aren't as bad as ramshorn snails when it comes to eating plants or overpopulation (at least from what i can tell)

Found one of these in my newly cycled tank about 3 weeks ago. Thought awww how cute[emoji1], so left it to feed on algae. Now the tank is full of miniscule baby's, I mean like must be at least 60/80 baby's. and the original snail has disappeared

Found one of these in my newly cycled tank about 3 weeks ago. Thought awww how cute[emoji1], so left it to feed on algae. Now the tank is full of miniscule baby's, I mean like must be at least 60/80 baby's. and the original snail has disappeared

They ate it. Lol

Back
Top Bottom