Wanted: Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyKisses

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking to buy some snails for my 29 gallon FW aquarium. I know nothing about snails, so I need instructions too! Lol, I don't know what kind would work best. I am looking for a really good deal...can't afford too terribly much! Please let me know what you have, and how much!

I have golden mystery snails. They get the size of a golfball and help with algae and with excess food if you overfeed. They are $1 each or 6/$5 plus shipping. They lay eggs above the water line so you can remove if you dont want babies.

I also have malaysian trumpet snails. They help with churning gravel or sand. They pretty much come out only at night. THey eat excess food. Some call these very helpful, some call them a pest snail. They multiply rapidly if overfed and give birth to live young so difficult to control them from taking over, but it can be done. These are 10/$2 plus shipping and only get about an inch long.

Look up pictures and descriptions to see what you like. If it is for the look, then i reccommend mystery snails or nerite snails. Both have many different colors.

Good luck deciding.

I have golden mystery snails. They get the size of a golfball and help with algae and with excess food if you overfeed. They are $1 each or 6/$5 plus shipping. They lay eggs above the water line so you can remove if you dont want babies.

I also have malaysian trumpet snails. They help with churning gravel or sand. They pretty much come out only at night. THey eat excess food. Some call these very helpful, some call them a pest snail. They multiply rapidly if overfed and give birth to live young so difficult to control them from taking over, but it can be done. These are 10/$2 plus shipping and only get about an inch long.

Look up pictures and descriptions to see what you like. If it is for the look, then i reccommend mystery snails or nerite snails. Both have many different colors.

Good luck deciding.

How much would shipping be for the mystery snails? How many do you think I would need for a 30ish gallon?

I have pink ramshorn snails. They don't get as huge as other snails so 5-6 would be perfect for your tank plus they are a beautiful pink and brighten up your tank!

Back
Top Bottom