Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10g tank and am looking for the right type of snail to buy. I do not want to end up with baby snails or have to feed them live food.

Nitrate snail is the way to go then, there eggs can only hatch in brackish water

I think you mean nerite snails lol, but mystery snails would also work since they lay their eggs above the waterline so you can either keep your tank full or scrape the eggs off the glass

I think you mean nerite snails lol, but mystery snails would also work since they lay their eggs above the waterline so you can either keep your tank full or scrape the eggs off the glass

HAHA, was helping with someone with there cycle so i had toxins level on the mind. +1 with what lovemyguppies said

Looks like nerite snails are for saltwater.

When they are growing up they live in brackish water. When they are adults they can live in freshwater, your lfs will have them

You could do one Mystery snail, blue ones are especially nice, there are lots of colors of those too, I have Purple striped and Ivory and some magenta. They just had babies, as I have a number of them in my 72G.

I never have to feed live food. lol That would be for an Assassin snail, they eat other snails.

But if you didn't mind babies, look how awesome a red Ramshorn is!
60074-albums9764-picture37580.jpg

You could do one Mystery snail, blue ones are especially nice, there are lots of colors of those too, I have Purple striped and Ivory and some magenta. They just had babies, as I have a number of them in my 72G.

I never have to feed live food. lol That would be for an Assassin snail, they eat other snails.

But if you didn't mind babies, look how awesome a red Ramshorn is!

That really is. Sounds like a ramshorn or apple snail is the way to go.

If you get a mystery snail you should only get one just in case you get a male and female you don't want them breeding

If you get mystery snails they lay eggs out of water. So if they breed and you don't want the snails you can dispose of the eggs it sell them!

Back
Top Bottom