Snais

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristyl60

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I purchased a 55 gallon tank from an individual and a Cascade filter system. I washed both thoroughly. When it came time to clean it, I noticed it had snails in it. I broke it down and cleaned it thorough again. After about a month I noticed it started to look like brown dirty water and had snails again plus small white worms swimming in the tank. My husband and I broke it down again and done another deep cleaning on it. We cleaned all decorations and gravel. Instead of using the Cascade filter, I purchased a new one, thinking maybe it was all caused from the used Cascade and that I didn'tget it cleaned enough. We got it set up and it looked awesome for about 5 days. The 6th day it started looking dirty again. I took filters out and they are brown, like mud has been run through them. I noticed white jellylike balls on the filters. Could this be snail eggs or something entirely different? I need help. I've had aquariums for 25 years and never had this problem.

Attachments

• 20210313_082603.jpg
    20210313_082603.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210313_082536.jpg
    20210313_082536.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom