So frustrated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so as much as I'm loving my tank I'm starting to get frustrated with all the little glitches :(
My alge issue is now more of a cloudy slighty green water problem, so I decide to get some more plants to make the tank more of a haven for my fish and to compete for the bacteria.
Well do you think I can get the things to stay in the sand?? I've ended up pushing the new hygrophillia difformis under my driftwood ad left the rest in the ceramic ring and foam.
Then to top it off my current plants decided to escape!! So now mytank looks rther unsightly than a nice planted haven. Stressed is not the word.
Does anyone else have this issue??

I'm not a huge expert, but it appears as though you are having a bacteria bloom. A whitish cloud indicates a bacteria bloom. There are a few remedies you can buy that are broadcast for "Cloudiness" Etc. For keeping your plants, I recommend either using little lead bands that they sell that can keep your plants down, or using rocks from your backyard to temporarily hold them down. Did you recently use and fertilizer? That can also cause blooms of certain types of algae.
- My personal recommendation of cloudiness is to do a large water change 50% +
- Use a clouding remedy.
Also has your tank finished cycling because that can also be a cause as well. It could also be as simple as you've kicked up your sand substrate trying to plant your plants too vigorously.

Looks like a bacteria bloom, water changes, water changes, water changes. The bloom should go away in 1-3 weeks just keep doing ware changes.

I notice my tank gets a little cloudy when I use too much fertilizer. I'm no expert either but my water looked exactly like yours did till I my fert dose in half.

Thanks guys, this tank has finished cycling and I dose with flourish every 4 days. This is the result after a 50% water change. I've tried the cloudy water stuff and it hasn't worked. I just want to be able to see the fish!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom