So here is the first initial setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about Corey's ? Think they would fit ? And I do like BN as well .

Not in a tanganyikan tank...cories are South American and are easily bullied. If you want cories, I'd look more into the more peaceful South American cichlids, like keyholes, cupids, and bandits

Also know that tropheus need large groups, like 12+ to displace their aggression. A group of 3 will leave you with one fish sooner or later. Also, I'd pick one group of calves, not several.

Btw, what size tank is this?

Not in a tanganyikan tank...cories are South American and are easily bullied. If you want cories, I'd look more into the more peaceful South American cichlids, like keyholes, cupids, and bandits

Also know that tropheus need large groups, like 12+ to displace their aggression. A group of 3 will leave you with one fish sooner or later. Also, I'd pick one group of calves, not several.

Btw, what size tank is this?

I have researched and many have Said that tropheus are fine in groups of 3 or more and I have gone too people I know and people that owns stores specifically for fish an other marine life and as for calves there should be no aggression outa of the norm as long as I switch the tank up , so no one claims territory ., it's a 55 gallon . And as for fish count it will 3 of ea calvus 2 female and 1 male and male / female of others . Regarding bottom feeder/ cleaners I just trying ask around too see what people think . And total fish will be only 12 .

Also to add they are native species too ea other and would regularly see ea other , so they would instinctively .

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/tropheus_ten_tips.php

I'd recommend going all tropheus if you really want them, and I don't think they'll mix we'll with cyps, whether you're talking about paras, micro, or just plain cyprichromis. Althought they may have the speed to out run aggression, they will be stressed IMO.

If it was a 75, I'd say go for the two groups of calvus, but in a 55, I'd say only 1.

In the end it's our tank, and you may do as you'd like, I just want to help you avoid future issues. Many of the rift lake cichlids are tricky because they actually do require certain numbers (eg many mbuna require a lopsided female to male ration like 1m:3-4fm). I've heard of complete annihilation of an entire group of tropheus duboisi, going from 6 down to a single individual. It was actually from a member on here from a thread from about a year ago if I remember correctly

.....never said you couldn't keep one in a new world tank (although I personally would prefer to keep a porthole catfish or a hoplosternum catfish)....the OP is looking into a Tang tank, so I said that a syno is a good option.....

Lots of people mix SA, NW and African I have seen it lots of times , but in the end it's the persons choice on what they wanna do , It really 50/50 theses days on people's opinions . And what im trying to do is more Is biotope kinda idea and also not over populating and researching goo tanks mates and not doing it blind :)

Ok so here It is after I added more rocks . I'm going too put in some more plants soon . Sorry it's a bit cloud but I have been messing around in there . Hope you enjoy and I'm always open to things I can do better :)

Attachments

• image-2756732535.jpg
    image-2756732535.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 47
Ok so here It is after I added more rocks . I'm going too put in some more plants soon . Sorry it's a bit cloud but I have been messing around in there . Hope you enjoy and I'm always open to things I can do better :)

How did you stack those pieces on the right? I'd be concerned about something crashing down.
Looks real good though. With the sand, when they start digging, things are bound to shift. You don't wanna have any issues.

How did you stack those pieces on the right? I'd be concerned about something crashing down.
Looks real good though. With the sand, when they start digging, things are bound to shift. You don't wanna have any issues.

I pushed the base rocks in too the substrate and as for the stacking I tried to make sure everything was sturdy and not unbalanced , by interlocking and put flat faces in flat faces , also if there was a bit of a gap I would put rocks there too close it

I used one very large flat rock as base and a thick triangular rock with a flat top .

Back
Top Bottom