Solved The Problem With The Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katiekelsey

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently set up a 75 gal tank. To put the background on I used oil to secure it to the glass. I squeezed out the air pockets and I taped it down but huge air pockets were back in a few days. It looked terrible. Today I bought poster board from Office Max. They had a sky blue color. I cut to fit and taped it down this time using Duct tape on the back. It took me only 10 minutes and it looks nice. The poster board wasn't wide enough so there is a seam were the two pieces fit but I'll use a tall plant to hide it.

Sounds nice, getting bored with my background.

How does the blue look? I've always gone for planted tank scenes but it is hard to find a backing high enough.

I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but why not just paint it? I get if you want like a design or picture in the back, but for a solid color...I had the guy I bought the tank from use black plasti-dip on mine just in case I ever want to remove it it'll be easy. Looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but why not just paint it? I get if you want like a design or picture in the back, but for a solid color...I had the guy I bought the tank from use black plasti-dip on mine just in case I ever want to remove it it'll be easy. Looks great.

Excellent idea!

Unfortunately the darn thing is now all set up and at 4ft long would be major job to shift away from wall :(

The backing has a bit of water damage so I'd like to change it but only have several inches between tank and wall to work with. Any ideas?

I thought of painting it too. But my tank is also set up and it would be too hard to paint it.
The blue poster board I now have on it looks fine.

Excellent idea!

Unfortunately the darn thing is now all set up and at 4ft long would be major job to shift away from wall :(

The backing has a bit of water damage so I'd like to change it but only have several inches between tank and wall to work with. Any ideas?

If you could drain it some and scoot it out a bit. At least enough to where you could throw something up on the wall and protect it, then you could just use a paint roller and work from the sides just reaching back. Rolling takes more time and smaller coats as opposed to spraying though, other than that without draining your tank I don't see a way. Could always go with one of those in-tank backgrounds.

If you could drain it some and scoot it out a bit. At least enough to where you could throw something up on the wall and protect it, then you could just use a paint roller and work from the sides just reaching back. Rolling takes more time and smaller coats as opposed to spraying though, other than that without draining your tank I don't see a way. Could always go with one of those in-tank backgrounds.

Thanks, I'll check out.

Back
Top Bottom