Some quick questions on shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heck09

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I'm in the process of re setting my 29g tank up, the plan is to have a lot of small schooling fish in there with no larger fish

Then I thought, wouldn't it be awesome to have some ghost or red cherry shrimp in there!

I have been dosing Api lead zone for the plants though and I am pretty sure iron is a pretty big no no for shrimp and other inverts,

Anyone have any advice on the best way to go about having shrimp in a planted tank, and still be able to get iron to your plants?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you mean Leaf Zone? If so I use it in a few of my shrimp tanks with no problems at all.

Do you mean Leaf Zone? If so I use it in a few of my shrimp tanks with no problems at all.

Yea that's what I meant sorry my phone is uncooperative sometimes

I have ghost shrimp in my tank. I dose every other day with api leaf zone, and have had no problems at all with my shrimp.

I have ghost shrimp in my tank. I dose every other day with api leaf zone, and have had no problems at all with my shrimp.

Awesome so it seems that there isn't enough iron in the leafzone to harm them I guess,

Another question for you all would be how do you go about stocking shrimp, is there a certain amount you want to try to keep generally?

Awesome so it seems that there isn't enough iron in the leafzone to harm them I guess,

Another question for you all would be how do you go about stocking shrimp, is there a certain amount you want to try to keep generally?

I probably wouldn't combine the RCS with ghost shrimp, I've read that the ghost shrimp can sometimes kill the smaller shrimp. However, I wouldn't stock less than a dozen of the RCS because it's common to have a lot of die off when adding new ones to your tank and that should give you a decent breeding group afterwards.

I probably wouldn't combine the RCS with ghost shrimp, I've read that the ghost shrimp can sometimes kill the smaller shrimp. However, I wouldn't stock less than a dozen of the RCS because it's common to have a lot of die off when adding new ones to your tank and that should give you a decent breeding group afterwards.

I read that as well, I would rather have rcs, but I'm at the mercy of my lfs and they always have ghost shrimp so we will see how that goes

Back
Top Bottom