someone please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, you've treated him with a looooot of stuff. I would just take it easy on him. Change the water as frequently as you can. Add salt at 1 teaspoon per gallon.

Let's give him a break with some clean water.

I would recommend consulting an aquatic vet in your area.

i have googled and i cannot find one. i would do anything to get in touch with someone who can physically help me!!

How is he now? Updates?

IMG_6098.jpg
this is thanksgiving right now! i've been trying to stick to steve's advice(owner of angelsplus) and so far, more than anything else, it's been helping.
he had suggested that i keep the tank cool and dark, and not feed thanksgiving at all. and i've also been keeping the water very still. i've been starving him and he's moving around more and his fins look "better"
you can see he's still showing red streaking... so he must still have infection. and his insides just look dark and weird. he's a translucent color so maybe i'm just overthinking it.
i've been wanting to continue with AQ salt water changes, but i'm trying to keep him as stress free as possible, for the first time. i did a water change this week and added AQ salt, but since his tank is cycled now i'm just trying to keep everything chill. it's hard doing anything to his tank, especially messing with the water, without causing a lot of movement.
i'll be calling that Vet tomorrow, if they're open!!

I hope he gets better soon! Good job with keeping him alive!

Copplanes, how is Thanksgiving now?

IMG_6134.jpg

thanksgiving is alive! i still wake up some mornings and see him laying there and think he's dead, but he's eating and sometimes swimming around
his water quality is perfect and the plants in his tank are doing well. i just fed him and he seems pretty happy and energetic. his fins are still so bad, i know if i quarantined him and used melafix it would help so much, but i probably won't treat this fish with much else unless i have to.

i'm so happy so many people have been concerned about him, to most people around me i'm crazy for trying [emoji28]
IMG_6140.jpg

i'm still open to any suggestions on ways to help him and assist in keeping him alive and helping him thrive

Clean water and more clean water! Also, you can dose Melafix safely in your main tank. We wouldn't want to stress Thanksgiving out anymore by moving him.

Back
Top Bottom