Something is on the dorsal fin and I don't know what it is. Can someone help me out??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smireles2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I tried using microbe lift Artemiss but it hasn't really done anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_000401232~2.jpg
    IMG_20220226_000401232~2.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 23
Maybe a fungal infection.

Can you give more details on the tank. Link to below to sticky thread with the sorts of information that would be needed. As much info as you can provide.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html

Can you quarantine the fish? The medication you used is basically a herbal remedy. It might help with preventing infection or if an infection is very mild, but isnt going to help much clearing anything serious up.

Can you give more details on the tank. Link to below to sticky thread with the sorts of information that would be needed. As much info as you can provide.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html

Can you quarantine the fish? The medication you used is basically a herbal remedy. It might help with preventing infection or if an infection is very mild, but isnt going to help much clearing anything serious up.
Before I had to change the water twice because it was too acidic. I haven't had problems with the adicity or base of the water recently. I can't quarantine them because it's the first tank I own. I have tried reading about what it might be, but I haven't had much success.

I can't quarantine the fish because it's the first tank I've owned. Should I try another medication for fungus??
1~ Only one fish is affected.
2~ I haven't done that recently but the pH levels are fine.
3~ The tank is ten gallons and I've had it since the beginning of quarantine.
4~ I'm sorry I don't know.
5~ Seven fish in the tank because the mollies bred with each other and I can't really do anything about it. 5 mollies, 1 platy, one bristle nose pleco. They are all about 3-4 inches except for the platy. He's 2 inches.
6~today. I vacuum the gravel about two times every week. And I remove half of the water because of the amount of fish.
7~ I've had the fish since one month of getting the tank.
8~ i recently added a new plant from petco and the water it was in was super dirty. I rinsed the plant out until the water ran clean.
9~ I never changed their food because I heard that it could cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom