Something strange in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnd0395

Aquarium Advice Newbie
While cleaning my tank, I found a centipede like worm at the bottom of my tank. It is senstive to light, has many legs and looks like a centipeded but it has a red tail and eyes. Does anyone know what it is? Is it harmful to my red belly pacu? I have attached a photo, can anyone tell me what this looks like to you?

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 61
Interesting.

How large is your tank? I sure hope you're aware that pacu reach 24"+ in length.

@coral the clownfish...thanks it sure looks like it and thanks for the info sheet it helped.
@fisheggs...not sure but coral the clownfish gave me a fact sheet that shows that there are a few freshwater ones I guess.
@BigJim...yes thanks, I just love Pacu's, I have raised babies until they grow old, I only have 1 in a 50 gal tank.

Thank you all for all your comments, it really helps since I have never had anything like this ever. Not sure how it got there in my tank but am going to put it back in so it can clean my tank.

Back
Top Bottom