Sorting out jungle val's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What one's of these can I cut off and move? How do I sort them out? The two in front are growing out of the substrate.

I can't tell much from the photo, but jungle val propagates b sending out a runner (more tubular than a leaf) a few inches away, where a new plant grows.

When that new plant looks more or less complete (roots, good leaves, a few inches tall) just cut the runner and pull up the new plant to relocate.

They tend to propagate in a line, e.g. the 2nd goes in the same direction as the prior, until it hits something. If it hits something the new plant may come up all distorted; I either free them up and see if they grow or discard them.

I can't tell much from the photo, but jungle val propagates b sending out a runner (more tubular than a leaf) a few inches away, where a new plant grows.

When that new plant looks more or less complete (roots, good leaves, a few inches tall) just cut the runner and pull up the new plant to relocate.

They tend to propagate in a line, e.g. the 2nd goes in the same direction as the prior, until it hits something. If it hits something the new plant may come up all distorted; I either free them up and see if they grow or discard them.
Yeah mine are growing like crazy and the one in the front there grew out of the substrate, then shot off a runner and grew another out of the substrate and then shot a runner back into the ground, but I can't push them into the substrate because the runners are too stiff.

Back
Top Bottom