South jersey bulk order frozen food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone in the South Jersey area want to go in on a bulk order of frozen food from Drs Foster and Smith? Shipping is a flat $25, regardless of how much is ordered, so the more people who order, the lower your share of shipping will be.

your going to have to get a lot of frozen food to make it worth while ,

I buy my frozen from my LFS I buy it by the sleeve to get a better price and the best part I don't pay any shipping

I use the Hikari brand frozen foods it comes 10 packages per sleeve each package has 32 cubes I pay $21. a sleeve and they still make a good profit there cost is like $40. a case thats 12 sleeves per case
all frozen foods have a mark up of over 80% so don't let them BS you

1 sleeve can last me almost a year for both of my tanks

my best advise is to get to know the owner of your local pet store and strike up a deal
not only can you save on foods but also on lots of livestock also

that $25. you spend on shipping can be used for better things rather than shipping

That's why I'm trying to find 3 or 4 others to split the shipping costs. Dr F&S has the best price on the PE Mysis that I am looking to buy, and $5 shipping isn't bad if I get 4 others (considering the only LFS in my area that carries it is over an hour away, and a $5 toll).

I'm heading to my regular LFS this weekend, so I might see if they can start to stock it, or at least buy some for me, but I doubt that, given how long it will last, they will cut a deal.

SCORE!!! Turns out my LFS carries it, and for almost 1/2 the price of Dr Foster and Smith, plus you get 15% off when you check in at FourSquare.

Back
Top Bottom