South NJ LFS rant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruffers99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wanted to vent, I have had my tank for a good 6 months now and I have tried out at least 8 different LFS that are somewhat drive'able for me and every time I have purchased fish I end up dealing with Ich or death.

I used to have a tank over in the UK and I had a LFS that was 8 to 10 miles from me, but I never had any problems ..

There arnt many options for south NJ, but its tough to wait and get excited about bringing new fish into my tank and then have to deal with outbreaks or death. After my 2nd time of trying to deal with Ich in my main tank, I bowed to knowledge and recommendations and got myself a small 10g q tank. After my most recent purchases this weekend at a store that looked promising from many aspects, im glad I had the Q tank as I now have ich in one of the clown loaches that I bought.

I hope they all make it. :hide:

I just dont remember it being this hard ...

sorry, I just had to vent.. :facepalm::(

Ich is one of the easiest freshwater diseases to handle. It's one I actually stopped even caring about a long time ago.

If I see spots of ich in my tank, I just turn the heat up to 86 and leave it there for a few weeks.

Most other illnesses minus some parasites are fairly easy to control with excellent water parameters. This covers and prevents most bacterial outbreaks. If there's any signs of internal parasites, metronidazole infused food is an excellent cure for that.

Depending on your location in nj, tropiaqurium in ocean twp is an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Depending on your location in nj, tropiaqurium in ocean twp is an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Im down near cherry hill so thats about an hour away. I might be able to try it at some point this summer. Thanks for the top though (y) I had tried the hidden reef but there was a lot of sick fish there.

Another great fish store is "shark aquarium" it's in hillside and I drove 40 minutes but they have the healthiest and most exotic fish I've ever seen. It's a all freshwater store. Check out their website.

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Another great fish store is "shark aquarium" it's in hillside and I drove 40 minutes but they have the healthiest and most exotic fish I've ever seen. It's a all freshwater store. Check out their website.

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Thanks! yeah they look pretty good. I am going to email them to ask about their shipping procedures/costs as they only really mention details around air freight, hopefully it wouldn't be that much to get down to me, but as you mentioned they have a pretty good selection.

Thanks for that rocky (y)

No problem. I hate when I get bad stock and so do other people so I try to recommend some better fish stores

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Back
Top Bottom