Spot on eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vengitto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, just wanted to affirm my suspicions and course of action before I treat this guy. My Oscar, Tiger, was recently moved from my 55gal tank where he was being constantly harassed by his tank mate, a blood parrot, named Polly. They shared the same tank for about a year and didn't really have problems until the parrot over grew the Oscar. It got so bad I just had to move one of them. The Oscar would fight back, but the parrot just overpowers him and shoves him around the tank... I would find him some mornings with soars from where Polly had shoved him into a rock. I moved him yesterday into an isolated tank and when I woke up he looked like the pic. From what I have read here I am pretty sure its ich, but before I go out and buy meds can it be treated another way? And from the pics is that what it is?

Sent from my XT1064 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1430055805797.jpg
    1430055805797.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 1430055821658.jpg
    1430055821658.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 58
The spot on eye is not ich.
Clean fresh water is best med right now IMO.
What size tank is Oscar in now and was it cycled?

He is in a 20 gal tank for now that used to be home for my piranha, the water is cycled and tests good, zero ammonia, 7.6 pH, low nitrate/nitrite.

Sent from my XT1064 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

High quality food and pristine water changes. That's cloudy eye, not ich. If it gets too bad he could go blind. If it was my fish I would be doing a minimum 3 water changes of 50% or more a week to ensure perfect parameters and stable conditions. Use a digital thermometer to have very accurate temp readings.

Back
Top Bottom