Spotted Hawkfish Eating Nassarius Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awillemd1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just recently added several Nassarius snails to my 90 gallon sw aquarium. I noticed when I first added them that my Hawkfish made a single strike at a couple of the snails. Now his belly seems much larger than normal and I can't find very many of the snails. Are these snails this helpless or do I simply need to protect them better when I first introduce them to the aquarium? :? I could put them in the refugium first and then move them up to the aquarium after a few weeks. Alternatively, the snails may be fine and hidden under the sand and my hawk has been eating something else, but I don't think so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Willem

They are pretty much helpless. It going to be hard keeping inverts with a hawkfish. Hawkfish will eat snails, and shrimp, and hermit crabs.

Also how many is several for your 90 gallon. If several means you can count the number on your hand...they might be gone. But if you got like 50, they might just be in you sand bed.

HTH

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom