Starfish Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyZ

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed a couple of these little critters crawling on a rock this morning. His actual size is apx 1/2 of an inch across. The colors on it are what have me completely confused. I have seen smaller, all white, starfish in my tank. I pretty sure those are just the astroidea. This little fella is a little bit bigger than those, and quite a bit more colorful!

Any thoughts? Google has failed me.

Attachments

• UnknownStarfish.jpg
    UnknownStarfish.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 74
Looks like a green morph of [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Asterina gibbosa. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Much cooler than my white ones!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

It's certainly the same body type, but I couldn't find any pics with even a similar coloration. I have seen as many as 4 at a time this morning and they all had the same blueish color (didn't really notice the green until I took a close-up photo). and the same Red dot in the middle.

Very nice picture Billy. Definitely an asternia I believe. Great looking one too.

Not only great looking, but symmetrical! Seems like all mine have one odd ball arm sticking out from some weird place!

Back
Top Bottom