Starter fish 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am currently in the process of cycling my 30 gallon.
It is going to be a tank for discus breeding but as some of you may know, they're not the hardiest type of fish -.-
So. After the tank is cycled I'm planning on putting in a different kind of fish to make sure the water stays stable and so I know that it is safe for the discus when I get them :)
I want a fish that can also live in my 67 gallon with my discus because I get really attached to things easily haha I was thinking some kind of cichlid? :/

Would cichlid be a bit aggressive towards the dicuss? I was thinking pearl gourami?

Hmm iv always like rams :) but can they go with female bettas? ::

Anything is iffy with a betta. It all depends on the individual betta's personality.

The bettas are only young now but they seem pretty docile

You can definitely try it, but it could go wrong at any time. Just make sure you have a backup plan so you can put them elsewhere if they are causing a problem in your tank.

Hmm yeah I was thinking of getting another 30 for a QT but I dont think my mum would let me -.-' haha plus I'm saving up for my fish hehe

The OP's putting them in a fully cycled tank. And Bolivian rams are quite hardy, it's mainly the GBRs that can be sensitive. Either way I'm sure they'll be fine.

Hmm -.-' just figured a flaw in the cycle... I don't have a heater in the tank so won't the bacteria die if the temperature dramatically changes?

Back
Top Bottom