starting a 50 gallon fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
so im starting a 50 gallon fowlr with a 30 gallon sump.... i have 60 lbs of dry sand and about 40-50 lbs of live rock.. im gonna put the sand in,put the rock in,fill with salt water,and add dead shrimp.how many shrimp??.. is this a good start?? will the live rock turn the sand live?? the cycle is what turns the sand into live sand rite? also should i put egg crate under the rocks then add sand?? and can i take all the large rocks out of my 30 gallon and leave the smaller ones in there till the 50 is ready to go?will it still be ok? there is alot of smaller rocks,but i want the big ones on the bottom of the 50 gal

For a 50g you would need only one large shrimp. The sand will become live in time not to worry about that. What do you mean "take the large rocks out of the 30g. If you let the rock dry out it will no longer be live,

For a 50g you would need only one large shrimp. The sand will become live in time not to worry about that. What do you mean "take the large rocks out of the 30g. If you let the rock dry out it will no longer be live,
i mean.. i have a 30 gallon sw tank that has been running for a few months now,and it has a few large rocks that i would like to use in the 50 gallon tank. in it are 2 clowns,1 lm blenny,and a clean up crew.oh and some nems

You shouldn't need the egg crate unless you plan to put lots of heavy rock in one spot. Just make sure you have a foam under your tank. Wait for the new tank to cycle properly and then move everything from the 30 gallon over.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom