Starting over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HausMaus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had persistent issues with internal parasites in my 35L/10g planted tank. I have guppies and fry plus pygmy cories.
I did a 20% water change and gravel vacced on Thursday (even though my parameters were all good, 0 amm, 0 trite and close to 0 trates) but it had been 2 weeks since the last PWC plus there was a green tint to the water, so I thought why not?
Now I know why some people say their tanks thrive on neglect. Since the PWC, my adult guppies are swimming the current and have stringy white poop. I've also lost a few fry (2 weeks old). Unless the adults have eaten them and have indigestion.
Anyway, I haven't been able to treat the main tank cos my corys reacted to the parasite medication the first time. And I've read that salt is not so good for scaleless fish.
So I'm thinking of cleaning out the tank, discarding the gravel, chucking the plants and disinfecting everything.
It pains me as I've worked hard to establish the bacteria and (other than the parasites) have a balanced tank water wise.
I just don't want to lose any more fish. It feels like I'm sentencing them to death row when I buy them.
Feeling at a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A tank thriving on neglect?
Cleaning the tank to put the same fish back???
Maybe I'm missing something but I would just stick to PWC often, check your water temp and dont over feed.

Back
Top Bottom