Starting the switch, is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
18416999.jpg

18417014.jpg

18417034.jpg

18417054.jpg

$750.00 OBO
125 gal glass aquarium. set up for saltwater.

125gal Tall glass. 19” front to back 26” tall 60” long dual corner overflow. 3 250 watt MHL. Have new light bulbs for you. The ones in use still have good color. 4 power compact just replaced all lights & balasts. LED Moonlights. 12 water inlets on the sides of the overflow, + 4 from the top. All of the doors on the base cabinet come off for easy access to sump.
100 gal Acrylic tank used for a sump, Dolphin pump, GSM 3 Submersible skimmer. WE can deliver & set the tanks up (not included in price) call for any questions.
Also includes the live sand & rock

This is an add in a local classified listing. I was thinking of buying a 29 gallon biocube but am wondering if this would be a better investment? Please give me your honest opinion, I know nothing more about the tank than what is listed.

Thank you all so much! I am still really new to anything salty and i need all the help I can get! :dance:

That's not to bad of a deal but personally I wouldnt wanna pay more then 550 for it. With enough patience you can get whole setups for $1-$2 a gallon on CL.

Yah I think it is a great deal and better investment than the 29. I would get it if it was me but I don't have the money to sustain another tank in my house.

I hate decision making :hide: Could I really get a full set up for $1-2 a gallon? wouldn't the system have to be very worn and in terrible condition to have it priced like that?

You'd be amazed at how many people sell there setups at rock bottom prices cause they are moving and a tank isnt easy to take with you over long distances

You'll also see quite a few people that move into homes with tanks and want nothing to do with them sometimes giving them away as long as you haul... I got pretty much a complete 46 bowfront drilled with sump and most of the equipment needed for $100

I will have to keep an eye out. Patience is a virtue... that I don't have! :banghead:

Thanks for your input, I don't think this is the tank for me, although it is quite tempting...

I was in the same situation practically! Just like you I wanted a 29 gallon biocube and I decided to go on craigslist. I found a 90 gallon saltwater fish tank. The guy already emptied it so it was the tank, stand, canopy, sump, plumbing, and some extras for an awesome price. I wanted to change the look of the stand so I started sanding. There were so many layers of paint it was impossible to finish. So, I had to order a custom stand since the dimensions were all weird. I figured out that the tank was only 70 gallons, and the sump was too small for me to put my skimmer and other stuff in so I sold it. The plumbing was garbage and the pump was broken so it was all replaced. Basically the only thing I am actually using from buying all of that is the aquarium itself. I invested so much money fixing it up that it would have been so much cheaper just to buy everything new and save the headache, time, and trouble. I can't stress how much you should do your research!!!! I was so new at this and had only a basic idea of what an ideal aquarium setup would be like. Don't rush into this just so you can buy the tank before someone else does! Spending that much money you really want to make sure that it's worth it and safe (no leaks, hazards, etc)! Ask questions like how old is the aquarium and equipment, why are you selling it, if they are the first owner or if not then who was, etc. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom