Starting to see some alge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started my 29 gallon a 4weeks ago, I added a bunch of plants 1 week ago! I have a crappy strip light on it now until my finnex 24/7 arrives! I turn it on for about 6 hours a day! Then I turn it off! I dose co2 and fertilizer!and my substrate is black sand and underneath is florite! I'm starting to see some algae and I'm freaking out I take my mag float and rub it off every other day! It's getting on my older plants and I don't know what to do! Please help I don't want it to take over my plants!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Try adding one or two nerite snails. I got one for my 20 gallon when it started having algae problems, and I haven't seen any algae since then.

What kind of algae are you seeing? What does the rest of your maintenance look like? What are the water parameters?

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I'm adding to otos to my tank and I got my finnex 24/7 I'm keeping it on the lowest and I do weekly waterchanges

Can you take pics of the algae on the plants?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This is it! It has gotten a little better since I got my ottos but it's still there!

Attachments

• 1440546386565.jpg
    1440546386565.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 33
Usually with swords algae starts to show on older leaves (bottom ones), what I recommend is to just off the leaves that have algae on them. It will look better and encourage new grow for the sword.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When you say I am dosing CO2 you mean a liquid form i assume? Why are you doing this after the photo period?

Back
Top Bottom