Sticker residue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a new tank, and it had a sticker inside of the tank on the floor of it. When I peeled off the sticker it left a sticker residue. I tried removing it with Mr. Clean magic eraser. I got off most of the white left over but some sticky stuff remains. Would this harm the fish in any way?I filled my tank with water to test that my tank doesn't have any leaks and that my stand is good where it is at. I plan on running my filter to also test its working before all the cycling process. I have no gravel as of yet, but will have sand instead.

Try vinegar and a scraper. Quite a few people swear up and down here that it will get off just about anything, and it always works or me. White vinegar is what you need, I usually just get the store brand stuff.

I used a razor blade and let a little vinegar sit in it to loosen.

When I got mine, I used a little muscle to get it off. Wax on, wax off. Those stickers are wicked.

That's awesome! It's like fabric softer liquid for wallpaper paste removal. Nice tip.

Back
Top Bottom