Sticky leaves on house plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a bonsai tree which is covered in tiny bugs. I believe they are a parasite that feed of the plants and create a sticky substance all over the leaves and I fear they will kill the bonsai if there is enough of them.

Does anyone know what they are and how to remove them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mites, scale or aphids. Mites will leave little webs, scale looks like a scab on the leaf or branch and you can scrape it off with your fingernail, aphids look like little green bugs usually. meally bugs look like little cotton fluffs. First try rinsing the tree off with water and see if they come of . Mites will be knocked off. If it is scale or meally bug then remove as many as you can find then rise with water. that will also remove aphids, Alison:)

Thanks. I just rinsed the tree under the tap and a lot of them washed off. Was certain they would be more resilient than that. The plant already looks healthier :)

Good. You are probably going to have to do it a few times to get all the eggs and hatching babies. What kind of tree is it?...Alison

Good. You are probably going to have to do it a few times to get all the eggs and hatching babies. What kind of tree is it?...Alison

Hmm carmona. Yes I will keep at it. Thanks Alison

Back
Top Bottom