stock list for 125g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waffle

Aquarium Advice Activist
As I'm doing this 125g fowlr build I thought it would be a good idea get some insight on what some of your dream tanks would consist of.. I would like to have mostly reef safe fish and some nice corals, clams ,inverts, so any ideas?

Oh and forgot to mention I'm going to be running a 55g sump fuge so I think i'll be pretty good with biological filtration and looking in to the led lights and also I don't want to over crowd the tank a few basic fish to start some that will last too.

Luckily, so many options for this tank. I would just try and consider some good upper-level swimmers as well as middle and bottom swimmers. Uppers like green chromis. Maybe a mated pair of clowns and a type of tang or two, or firefish. Also some swimmers in and around the live rock like a six line wrasse, or a purple dottyback. Then some bottom swimmers like a yellow watchman goby or exotic blenny?

Is it a fowlr or a reef? Your original post has me scratching my head a bit. If I was doing a tank your size I would totally get an awesome tang.

Thanks Boardsurfer.... Fowlr for now but I plan on converting it to a reef eventually

If your'e going reef eventually, I'd go with reef safe fish for sure. Really sucks moving rock around to catch fish you don't want etc.

I have a 125 myself. Currently I've got a blonde naso tang, yellow tang, pair of clowns, 3 chromis, a basslet, a pink goby/pistol shrimp combo. I eventually want one more tang (yellow belly blue tang), or a harlequin tusk.

What fish do you really want? Is there a centerpiece fish you'd like to have? If so, then build around that.

I had no specific fish in mind but I looked those fish up n they seem really cool

Just keep looking and find what's right for you. You can then build your tank around the fish you want to keep.

With a 125, you've got the room to keep some decent size fish.

Well I was definitely thinking about a lion fish, I heard they eat small fish and shrimps and I would skip the shrimp and take a few small casualties just to have one but will it bother the corals?

Well I was definitely thinking about a lion fish, I heard they eat small fish and shrimps and I would skip the shrimp and take a few small casualties just to have one but will it bother the corals?

Not sure about the corals. I've seen a few in a reef tank, but never for too long. Can't really remember if they eat corals or not. I want to say no, but not positive. I generally stay away from predator fish since I like having corals in all my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom