Stocking 26g Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cloaker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to go over my stocking list before I get fish. I am prepared to do more maintenance work than most in order to go over the loosely followed inch per gallon rule. Here is the list:

1 x Pearl Gourami
5 x Harlequin Rasboras
6 x Neon Tetras
2 x Black Neon Tetras
1 x Bristlenose Pleco
? x Corydoras or another kind of bottom feeder

Now I understand that at their mature sizes, I will have about 28" of fish before either a small school of Corydoras or another type of bottom feeder (open to suggestions). I have done my research on these fish and have sinking shrimp pellets for the Corydoras as I know they can't live on scraps alone, but if having a school of Corys will overstock my tank too much then maybe you guys can suggest another equally hard working kind of fish that I will not need as many of.

This tank is currently cycling but I already have the Harlequin Rasboras and Neon and Black Neon Tetras that I am transferring from another tank, so I can't really make changes to those fish, and I am pretty set on having a Pearl Gourami as a centrepiece fish.

Thanks for reading this long post and I hope to hear from you!

I would do 6 harlequins and 6 neons but no black neons. Or 6 black neons but no neons. If you add 4-5 of the smaller cories (Pygmaeus, Habrosus, Hastatus) then you should be fine.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom