Stocking 55g Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alyxandria

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had my 55g for about 5 or 6 months now and it's a community african cichlid tank. It's stocked and they have done fine up until I put in 6 albino ruby red peacock and they killed one of them. They are the smaller fish in the tank right now, big enough to go in the 55g however. I think he may have died after I treated them in my quarantine tank for ich. I made 100% sure it was gone before I put them into my 55g but I think he may have been weak from that. The others are doing awesome, thus far. I haven't really looked into compatibility and I kinda just realized I should get some feedback on my stocking. It's as follows:

1x white tail acei
2x orange dragon blood
1x snow white
2x bumblebee
5x albino ruby red peacock
2x blue dolphin
2x cobalt blue zebra
2x ice blue
1x blue dragon blood
4x ob peacock

And I have a couple in quarantine that I was planning on adding:

3x yellow tail acei
1x bumblebee

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have lost two more albino ruby reds. They weren't the strongest fish to begin with. I think it may have to do with them being bullied. I'm planning on splitting this tank up. Any suggestions? Mbuna with Mbuna, Peacock with Peacock?

Bumpity bump bump.

I've read that you shouldn't put any peacocks in with Mbuna unless they are bigger than the Mbuna when they go in or the Mbuna will bully them to death. I've had a couple in with my Mbuna for a couple days now (not very long yet) but they are bigger and haven't been bothered at all that I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom