Stocking 75 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I am FINALLY able to start thinking about stocking my 75 gallon. ATM there are 5 Red Eye Tetras.

Here is what I am thinking:
11 Red Eye Tetras
10 Danio Erythromicron
11x Green Emerald Cory (we like Corys although I like the look of Otos)
1x Golden Nugget Pleco.

I have read somewhere or heard that some combination of Plecos/Corys or Otos won't work. I can't remember which. Can they be together?

I was also told that Golden Nugget Plecos were difficult to care for, however, have read in other places no such thing.

I wanted Angelfish or Threadfin Rainbow Fish (turns out the Red Eyed Tetras I thought were so peaceful MIGHT be nippy) and the Danio listed above could be aggressive.

If anyone more experienced wants to share thoughts or advice I welcome it. I also can change numbers and things around I have a 20 gallon ISO tank so it will be a slow build I am not going to stock all at once. I haven't decided on a centerpiece fish or school.

OR

I could move the 5 Tetras to my 28 gallon bow front (that would give it 5 Red Eye Tetra, 8 Neon Tetra and 4 False Julii Corys). But that seems cramped for Red Eye.

If that is possible I could go discus tank, angel tank or cichlid tank for my 75 gallon

Thanks!
jana

Personally I'm all for angelfish tanks. I have 10 veil and super veils in a 220g. In a 75 you could add some Rams (German Blue Rams, Gold Rams, Electric Blue Rams), a couple nice schools of tetras (I have a school of 21 Rummy Nose and 13 Diamond Tetras, pictures don't do Diamonds justice, they literally sparkle like diamonds under light and it gets better and better with age, showing sparkles of blues and purples), Cory cats, a BN Pleco (I have a Longfin Albino BN Pleco), and if you want to go with something different check out the Whiptail Cats (some call them Twig Catfish) Whiptail Cat
I have 3 of these are they are so cool looking. Plus there are other dwarf cichlids you could do with or instead of Rams.

If you do diamond tetras some gold and neon tetras would be great tankmates. Plus all the metalic scales will be a sight to see.

When I was putting fish into aqadvisor it said that Red Eye Tetras would nip at Angelfish and Threadfin Rainbow fish etc so I figured i couldn't do those becase the 5 Red Eye Tetras are already in there (they came with the tank) I could move them to my 28 and bring my neons over to this tank.

I was iffy about German Blue Rams (but love them) I don't want to take any chances with their sensitivities. I clean my tanks weekly but I am still a newb so I figured I wouldn't.

I like the rummy nose, diamond, maybe gold and neons in the tank.

Maybe a Bolivian Ram?

Hmmm......

Back
Top Bottom