Stocking a 180 ltr tank....Help please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scattynat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I am in the process of doing a fish-less cycle (about a week in). I would like your advice on what to stock it with once complete. I have had freshwater tanks in the past so know how to care for the fish but my dad was the one who stocked them. I'm not too keen on mollies and platys and would like colourful fish, maybe a few shrimp?

Please let me know what you think would be best as I don't want to overstock!
Thanks in advance:fish2::fish1:

Hi all, I am in the process of doing a fish-less cycle (about a week in). I would like your advice on what to stock it with once complete. I have had freshwater tanks in the past so know how to care for the fish but my dad was the one who stocked them. I'm not too keen on mollies and platys and would like colourful fish, maybe a few shrimp?

Please let me know what you think would be best as I don't want to overstock!
Thanks in advance:fish2::fish1:

Well, tetras are a good beginner, neons, black skirts, flame . blood fins, rummy nose are all very colorful. Silver hatchet fish are great top dwelling fish, but can jump so have a right lid. A gold or 3 spot groumai would be a good center piece fish. Don't get a common plec, they get to big look for a bushy it clown one. Black khuil loaches are awesome fush

This would be mine
12x flame tetras
10x rummy nose
1x gold groumai
1x clown pleco

Thanks for your input cgthebeast.
I took a trip to the aquatics shop, due to the stock they carry (I'm not too keen on mail order fish) this is what we came up with...
3 x cherry barb
6 x diamond tetra
3 x lake kutubu rainbowfish
3 x boeseman's rainbowfish
3 x peacock goby
1 x clown plec
And a few shrimp.
I am aware that I cannot add all of these at once. I want to make sure that this selection is compatible and that the quantities are not too low,
I am a total noob when it comes to selecting fish so any input is greatly appreciated :)

I took a trip to the aquatics shop, due to the stock they carry (I'm not too keen on mail order fish) this is what we came up with...
3 x cherry barb
6 x diamond tetra
3 x peacock goby
1 x clown plec
And a few shrimp.
I am aware that I cannot add all of these at once. I want to make sure that this selection is compatible and that the quantities are not too low,
I am a total noob when it comes to selecting fish so any input is greatly appreciated :)

This is a good stocking list, but barbs would prefer to school, and I would suggest upping them to 6.

Ok, will do, Do I have enough space for them?
Thanks btw!

3 x cherry barb
6 x diamond tetra
3 x peacock goby
1 x clown plec
And a few shrimp.

And rainbows get 2 big for you tank. There really active. I've seen some huge ones

Back
Top Bottom