Stocking a 75 gallon compatibility questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoganY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am upgrading to a 75 gallon aquarium soon and I want to add an African brown knifefish and a leopard climbing perch (aka leopard bushfish or African spotted leaf fish). My concern is I also have a 5 inch snakeskin gourami going into the 75 gallon and I know they can be aggressive especially towards their own species. The African spotted leaf fish is somewhat similar to a gourami in shape and will mostly likely be 2 inches or smaller. So do you think they can live together peacefully or at least with minimal aggression (By this I mean a small amount of aggression that will not be harmful). Also I believe the knife fish will get along with both of them but if anyone disagrees please speak up. I just want to be as sure as possible that all these fish will get along. Any advice is appreciated.

I think a leopard climbing perch is actually a type of gourami or closely related, so probably not a good idea to have multiple gouramis in the same tank.

Yeah I was concerned about that but not just because they are similar but because of the size difference. I have seen a YouTube video of a leopard climbing perch living with a snakeskin gourami and there was no aggression. However the leopard climbing perch was also an inch bigger. So I know they can live together I was just wondering if the large size difference would be an issue. Thanks for your fast response.

Back
Top Bottom