Stocking for 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have 2 red wag platys, soon to have 3. What other fish can I put in the tank? I was thinking zebras or bleeding heart tetras. Any suggestions or comments?

Your pretty well stocked with 3 platy's in a 10g. They have a heavy bio-load. You might be able to put about 5 small tetra's like neons due to their very light bio-load or maybe some pygmy or dwarf cory cats.

It's your tank but it not healthy to cram a lot of fish into such a small tank. Personally I wouldn't add more fish.

EDIT: If you didn't have platy's you could add a lot more nano fish and even shrimp. You could add shrimp but don't know if your platy's would bother them.

Sounds like I'll add 7 or so neons. I am prob gonna buy 55g tank when the next sale happens, so I have that to look forward too.

Yea. I'm gonna get an angel and a GBR pair, with some Cory's and hatchets, and a massive school of some tetra. Prob all South American fish.., strange how it worked out that way.

Back
Top Bottom