Stocking Help/Questions for 60 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corbear

Aquarium Advice Newbie
As I stated in my intro I recently purchased a 60 gallon tank with all equipment and fish. The equipment that came with it is as follows:

Fluval 305 Canister Filter
Penquin Bio-Wheel 350
Aqua Tech 20-40
Top Fin 300 watt Submersible Heater
Aqua-top 150 watt Submersible Heater

Is there anything else that would be beneficial or is this a decent set up?

Also, I was able to re-home most all the fish with the exception of a grayish loach with dots and SURPRISE this morning I saw one of the little brownish loaches. I'm really uncertain as to what they are, but after much researching today, think they may be a weather loach and the two (only saw one this morning) smaller ones black kuhli loaches. Is there a place where I can upload pics to help identify these? Oh and I haven't found a home for one of the pleco's but I'm oh so glad to have found homes for the other two.

Also, for stocking we currently have two little tetras, so I would like to get about 6 more skirt tetras to finish out that school.

2/3 (depending on if I ever see the other) more black kuhli loaches

Possibly 8 or so silver hatchets (or some other top dwellers)

We also really like corydoras, but am wondering if they would get along with the loaches?

Is the weather loach something that can be kept with all these other fish or does he need to go?

Also, are there any plants that would work with this set up?

Last edited:
From what I've read and seen on these boards, your loaches should get along fine with some cories! Just remember they need a small group to be comfortable. I've had cories and they really are worth every penny.

I'm sort of unfit to answer any of your other questions, however. When thinking about live plants there is A LOT to consider, just head over to that forum and have a look

Thank you aquamami8326!

Here is the small loach that came out yesterday... then last night the other little one (a tad smaller than this one, but looks exactly the same) came out of hiding! I was so excited to see them both. Re-homing all the bigger fish was the best decision!

Is this a black kuhli loach?

Attachments

• _DSC2013.JPG
    _DSC2013.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 68
Thanks Coursair. Yep, I believe that's what this is!

Attachments

• _DSC1972.JPG
    _DSC1972.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom