Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It seems AqAdvisor is giving me issues again. Does anyone have another similar site I can use? Thinking of starting a nano fish tank and other than the old 1" rule not sure how many I can put in a tank

How many gallons(or liters) is your tank? Is it planted? What size is your filter?
A lot of people on this site have a ton of experience so they can help on what will and won't work for your tank.

I haven't decided on anything yet that's why I was looking for a site to use. I've been in the fish hobby for over 40 years on & off so it's the keeping up with stocking *ideals* is the most overwhelming for me.
It will probably be a 30/35g tank since thats what I have empty on hand right now.
Substrate will either be epoxy painted gravel or a crushed granite since thats also what I have on hand.
Plants will probably be Val, what I think is a tall Hairgrass, Java Fern, Hornwort and any Duckweed that survives my HOBs flow.
I have an assortment of Aquaclears of varying sizes and since I always double filter tanks I wasn't worried about filtration.
I have some baby BNs that will probably end up in there once they are big enough to leave the fry tank, at least until I decide which are staying and which I'm selling.
Have ~6 Boraras that need to rehome from my shrimp tank.
Have ~8 Rasboras that I can rehome from my 65g Cory tank
10 Pygmy Cories that can now come out of quarantine and have a *real* home.
After those I will have to see what catches my eye which is why I was wandering how much more I could add

Slim bodied and smaller fish make less waste so you can have more. You could just bump your schools up to about 10 each and just have those two species with your corydoras.
Or you can go to the store and see what catches your eyes. You can probably fit another small schooling fish like tetras or you can add one semi larger fish like a dwarf gourami or a betta as a centerpiece fish.

Back
Top Bottom