Stocking ideas? help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

devinwfy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 56 gallon column tank,
So far
I have
two kissing gourami
6 black skirt tetra
6 neon tetra.
Am I overstocked?
Can I have more?
I would like to add one anglefish and one or two bala shark.
Any stocking idea?

Thanks a lot

It dosn't seem like you are overstocked, you should try getting some cories (corydoras catfish,)they are so lively and active! If you are going to get cories get at least 4 because they will otherwise hide. Also maybe bristlenose catfish, but they might hide during the day!

You are not overstocked, but keep in mind that tank is tall so it has less oxygen, so less fish should be in it. Yes, cories would be good, I would say maybe 8. I would up the number of each of the tetras, and add either another school or another centerpiece fish. Maybe a pair of rams? I think they might get aggressive with the pair of gourami though.

I would definitely avoid the bala sharks. They get to be over 1 foot long and shouldn't be in a column tank sadly.

I agree with the advice on stocking and an angel fish shouldn't be out of the question.

Oh wow, I didn't even see the part about the bala sharks. Yeah, definitely don't have those, they need to school and need like a 125 gallon tank for a small school, and that is the minimum I think.

Back
Top Bottom