Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moeftie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

Im setting up a 128l tank ( 34ish gallons ) and was wondering if my planned stocking is okay or if there are some changes that should be made.

The tank is 80x40x40cm ( 31.5x15.75x15.75inch )

would keep the water temperature at 23C ( 73.4F )

water parameters:

6.6 -6.8 PH ( hard to really tell as the colors are pretty much the same, using API tests )
8 GH
4 KH ( using RO water so can up these values if u think its needed )

Planned stocking:

20x Danio Margaritatus
8x Corydoras Pygmaeus
6x Otocinclus Vittatus
2x Sewellia Lineolata
20x Neocaridina davidi 'Bloody Mary'
10x Caridina Multidentata

According to AQ advisor this would put me at a stocking of 75%.

I dont wanna stock to high as i will keep fry in the tank till they are big enough to sell off.

I read alot of conflicting information online about the hillstream loach when it comes to flow, tank size, group numbers and territorial behaviour.

Is my tank big enough for all these species?
Do some of these species need a bigger group?

Thanks in advance,

James

Too many bottom dwellers and too many algae eating fishes.

Either keep Otocinclus or Borneo scooters (sewellias). Otocinclus need biofilm (slime on glass & ornaments), algae and driftwood, and a tank that has been running for at least 3 months before they are added to it.

It's preferable to only have one species/ variety of shrimp per tank. Shrimp will compete for food with the Otocinclus and pygmy Corydoras.

Right now i have 8 adult celestial pearl danios, would up those numbers to 20 when i move them over to the new setup with some of the fry i have right now in the smaller 57l/15 gallon tank.

Besides that i already have 6 amano shrimp aswell in that tank.

Just keep it at that then for the new 128l tank?

Or any other suggestions on what i could add thats compatible with those 2 species.

FWIW...
I have bottom dwellers also. This consists of Cory cats. Also, a lot of multiplying Cherry shrimp that feed wherever they find food
Of course, they all eat whatever sinks to the bottom when feeding my other fish.

However, to supplement that, occasionally, I crush a shrimp wafer under a fork into about 5 little pieces and let pieces sink where they may,

Back
Top Bottom