Stocking question - 36g bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyd

Aquarium Advice Freak
Howdy all,

I have a 36 gallon bowfront that is partially stocked. have 10 cardinal tetras, a pair of japanese blue guppies, and 3 sunset honey dwarf gourami's.
I will be adding a group of cory cats this weekend (6) but not sure what else to add. Wife likes zebra danios and wants a couple more guppies and I also want to add in 2 or 3 rainbowfish or a GBR. I would like to add Boesemani (but I know that the tank may be too small) or Praecox. And the GBR may use the blue guppies as a snack down the road so iffy on that too.

What are your opinions? Any advice/suggestions? Have a few years experience with cichlids but this is a different arena.

Fish currently in there have been in since Saturday and all are doing great so far. the 2 guppies think they're tetras and try to school with them. doesn't work out all that well when the tetras change direction and the pair keep going the same direction...

Unfortunately, none of those. Wife doesn't like rasboras or swordtails. Even though she doesn't care about the tanks, only fish she approves are allowed. :rolleyes:

I'd add a pair of gbr and call it stocked :) They won't eat your guppies

Japanese blue guppies? My LFS cautioned me that they stay small and GBR, when large, enough would try to eat them. Mine are about an inch and won't get much bigger.

Thanks for the info, GBR's were my first interest for a centerpiece but recently found out that my lfs may have some electric blues too...

I don't have Japanese blue guppies, but I do have panda guppies that stay pretty small in my tank alongside a trio of GBRs. The GBRs completely ignore them :)

I highly recommend GBRs, as they tend to be far more personable than any of the other options you were considering!

Back
Top Bottom