Stocking suggestions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captaindbishop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm setting up a s.american themed tank. Currently I have:

15 x penguin tetras
1 x Bolivian ram
3 x otos
2 x long finned bristlenose
1 x albino bristlenose

And I want to get:

3 x more rams
And ___ x angelfish (to get the termtrad to school better).

Ideas and / or suggestions??

How big is the tank and how old? I would say 1 angel fish because if you get 2 and they pair they could become agressive:/

Hi there. Tank is 240 liters. Newish tank but cycled from a smaller tank. So established for over 2 years.

1.00m wide, 52cm tall.

I hear so many differing opinions about group sizing of angels!

Haha okay so you have about a 40 gallon tank which is what i have :D haha the bottom of your tank is full, and i think you could get 2 more rans and an angel fish :) the angels get agressive when in groups and when mating so i suggest only one!

i wouldn't do angels in that tank, sorry:(

because angels grow quite tall and NEED a tall tank.......meaning 20"+ tall, if u had a 40L, that would be okay.......

another reason of why u should only get 1 angel if u decide to(i wouldn't advise it, as it would sort of suffer in a tank that short)

is because the aggression will not be split up and the dominant one could kill the other(UNLESS u have 2 females, which isn't likely unless u vent them)...........

i'd do this.....

15 x penguin tetras
3 x Bolivian ram or GBRs
3 x otos
1 x albino bristlenose
6X marbled hatchfish or something similar?

i wouldn't do angels in that tank, sorry:(

because angels grow quite tall and NEED a tall tank.......meaning 20"+ tall, if u had a 40L, that would be okay.......

another reason of why u should only get 1 angel if u decide to(i wouldn't advise it, as it would sort of suffer in a tank that short)

is because the aggression will not be split up and the dominant one could kill the other(UNLESS u have 2 females, which isn't likely unless u vent them)...........

i'd do this.....

15 x penguin tetras
3 x Bolivian ram or GBRs
3 x otos
1 x albino bristlenose
6X marbled hatchfish or something similar?

The OP has stated that the tank is 52 cm tall. I'm no whiz when it comes to the metric system, but a quick Google search of "52 cm to inches" tells me that the OP's tank is 20.47" tall. This is almost as tall as a standard 55 gallon. At 100 cm in length, the tank is 39.37 inches long. I'd wager to say this is more than acceptable for angelfish. ;)

Personally, I'd add one angelfish and another ram, and call it stocked. There is a lot going on in terms of bottom dwelling fish and IMO 4 rams would be pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom