Stocking suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CephalopodCove

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm picking up a 29 gallon tank today. I have an Albino Bristlenose in my 10 gallon right now(I know, I listened to the guy at my LFS without thinking first) and I'm putting together a bigger tank to move him into in a few weeks.

My only problem is I have no idea what to stock with him. I kind of wanted to do African Ciclids but I've heard mixed things with them and I'm not sure how many could comfortable fit in a 29.

So I'm open to anything really!

for a 29g I would probably do a community tank. You can add a pair of German Blue rams to it if you like cichlids. Otherwise I would try to avoid the african cichlids with anything smaller than a 55.

So some fish that would work well in a tank:
Praecox rainbows
Harlequin rasboras
Assorted loaches
Cory cats
Platys
Guppies
Mollys
Tetras
Danios

The rasboras seem really cute! And in the way of loaches, I don't know too much about them but I see on Liveaquaria that Angelicus Botia Loach and Reticulated Hillstream Loach would both do fine in a 30 gallon. (I know, I'm a gallon off but that's still okay, right?)

Other than that I do like tetras! I may do GBR but I always hear they're very territorial...

Hillstream loaches require fast flowing current and would do best in a species tank.

The GBRs can be kept 1 pair in a tank. They may not mix well with Praecox rainbows though; I know mine certainly didn't

My stocking list so far:
1x Albino bristlenose
2x GBR
8x Lemon Tetra

Aqadvison says I'm at 72% for my stock. Any additional ideas that would work well?

Also, if anyone can guide me on filters/heaters/etc. I would appreciate it. Equipment leaves me clueless....

Back
Top Bottom