stocking tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy5559

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am moving my 4 swordtail, 3 guppies and bristlenose plec to a bigger tank soon,
and will be getting new fish any stoking ideas?
i will defo be getting glasscatfish!

Glass cats are rather skittish and really need to be in a group or else they'll stress out and die.

I'll also ask about your aquarium volume. I've looked at all your posts and I can't find it, despite several requests for it.

Fifty gallons should be plenty of room for your swordtails, guppies and pleco and you should still have room for many other fish. I have more fish than that in a 20L.

Do you have pairs of livebearers (swordtails and guppies) or just a single sex of each? If you have pairs, you'll soon have a lot of fry.

4-6 glass catfish would be an option if you're interested in them. Look at getting some fish for the bottom of the tank. Cories, khulis, or a redtail shark are options.

+1 on the cories or kuhlis, from what I've read they seem to be pretty entertaining when in groups. I like to use www.liveaquaria.com for ideas on different fish, they don't have all the fish you could get but they have good profiles and a pretty good variety. If I had 50G I would do about 10 cories, some mollies or barbs (not sure if barbs and cories would neccesarily get along but of course you should research before getting any fish IMO ;) )of platies even. Or some shrimp or snails maybe?

the guppies are 1 male, 2 females
the swordtails are 2 female and 2 male, but they are still babies

they got some great fish on that website, same they don't ship to uk

Back
Top Bottom