Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Womble1234

Aquarium Advice Freak
Angels
Harlequin rasboras
Rummy nose tetras
BN plecos
Black phantom tetras
Mollies
Platys
Denison barbs
Rainbow fish?

Will these be ok? Any feedback is great guys! :D

Sorry, compatability.. I know how much of each you u have to get the t be happy.. Blah blah... Just asking if they'll get on?

chew valley said:
All are ok together but mollies need brackish water

Mollies are fine in freshwater, unlike most brackish species. They live long healthy lives and breed in freshwater, although they do appreciate a very low amount of salt if they have it. The other livebearers like platies do, too, actually. They both will do fine in a community tank.
Make sure none of the tetras are small enough to fit in the angels' mouth when you get them or they will end up as a snack. I've had fairly small angels make a school of neons disappear overnight, even though the neons looked too big for them to eat. Also keep an eye out for fin nippers!

Tank size could be a small factor of their compatibility, I think that's why she asked. I'm not familiar with the denison barbs, I just googled them and I've never seen them in person. I wouldn't do angels with harlequin rasboras myself.

Back
Top Bottom