Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to do Pineapple sword tails, zebra danios, and topsail or blue saphire platys in my 29 gallon bio cube, i was thinking 3 swords, 5 danios, 5 platys. i intend to put them in a few at a time, but that is what i want in the long run, is this to many fish for my 29 gallon bio cube, it is lightly planted right now but the plants will grow with the tank

I want to do Pineapple sword tails, zebra danios, and topsail or blue saphire platys in my 29 gallon bio cube, i was thinking 3 swords, 5 danios, 5 platys. i intend to put them in a few at a time, but that is what i want in the long run, is this to many fish for my 29 gallon bio cube, it is lightly planted right now but the plants will grow with the tank

I wouldn't do swords, they can get pretty big, like 6 in males an have a high bioload. I think you should be fine with the rest of the stock though

ill just get like 3-5 cherry barbs to go with the 5 platys and 5 zebra danios, or is that to many

That's fine. You could even get more Cheery Barbs. Aqadvisor.com is a good website to look at to see your stocking levels

Right on, now my ph is a bit high like 7.8-8 ish did my first master kit test today and ph is still a little confusing to me, now ph for cherry barbs is 6-7 zebra danios are 6.5-7 and saphire platys are 7-8.2, i know danios are super adaptable but what about cherry barbs, do i need to consider something else that the barbs, or will the platys be ok in lower ph if so what is a good way to lower ph with using chemicals, i started using stability and i got a bottle of live baterias to help my tank cycle faster, will these affect ph?

Back
Top Bottom