Stomach Bulge after Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pradeepcec

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it normal for the pristella tetra stomach to bulge a bit after eating the flakes?

Does that indicate I am overfeeding them?

Here is a photo just for your reference
IMG_8053.jpg

Thank you in advance. Is there any better way of adding right amount of food other than the normal "what fish can finish in 5 min" thing? Because my little guys finish off what I put in less than 3-4 mins

Yup, over feeding. A fish's stomach is about roughly the size of its eye. Just feed a little less in the future. :)

Yup, over feeding. A fish's stomach is about roughly the size of its eye. Just feed a little less in the future. :)

Sure. But it seems like few of these guys eat faster while others may not have got enough yet. I have few platys which are not as fast as these tetras so by the time they eat these guys have already over fed themselves. How can I manage this? [emoji30]

spread it out over the surface of the water, or try some sinking foods. my blavk neons do this to, and as long as they arent complelty engouring them selfs, i wouldnt worry to much

Back
Top Bottom