Strange ballon like object

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mjb51

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410081554.839180.jpg
Every few months or so I see this strange kind of balloon object that floats around and then gets destroyed by a power head, it looks like its clear jelly balloon with brown bits of detritus in it it's about 2cm in length, as far as I now it comes out of one of the rocks in the tank blows up like a bubble and then comes free until it goes into the powerhead, does anyone have any idea what is creating this???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have added hermit crabs, turbo snails a conch and the fish, yellow tang, six line wrasse, regal damsels, bristletail filefish, fire fish and clown fish, as for hitchikers I have seen bristle worms, astrea stars copepods and amphipods, feather dusters bound to be other stuff that I've not seen as I can't imagine it could be anything above?

It's a mucus coat from the Six Line Wrasse. At night they make a cocoon from mucus for defense and in the morning they shed it. It's not harmful to anything in the tank.

Amazing would never have guessed that thankyou

Back
Top Bottom