stressed fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommytron

Aquarium Advice Addict
do you think this flame dwarf gourami looks stressed? we got him 2 days ago, dropped him on the floor when transferring him, but soon after he was swimming around the tank comfortably. he eats great, but spends most of the day doing this:

YouTube - flame dwarf gourami

what do you think?

rofl. i wouldn't be surprised, that's just my luck :biglol:

we had the bubbles off all day yesterday, he was still doing the same thing. i will turn them off again for the rest of the day today to see if there is any change.

how strong is the flow from your filter? is there a way to turn that down a little? Or maybe he needs more plants or hiding places, like in the front so he doesn't feel like you are watching him. you could also turn the lights off for the first few days. i didnt pay attention to whether they were on or not, but if they are it might make him more comfy to be in the dark. I did that for Alejandro

he does it when it's dark too, lol. i think i just have a spastic fish lol. he's really beautiful though, i really like him. i do plan to get more floating plants, possibly some water wisteria (i think that's what it is) that they had there. maybe just some fake floaters.

what do you mean by dark in the face/bottom area, dk?? i don't think he is, but just curious what you mean.

He look's fine and healthy to me.

As far as coloration, there are quite a few color morphs of colisa lalia (dwarf gourami) out there so variance wouldn't necessarily be cause for any alarm. There are also a few morphs of colisa chuna (honey gourami) that get sold as "dwarf honey sunset gourami" or some other contrived common name.

They'll do that too, but usually stressed DGs will show faint vertical bars which "show through".

I could have sworn I replied to this topic, then I realized you posted twice. I was | | close to freaking out.

Back
Top Bottom