Stressed Red Zeb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robynleigh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys, I have a stressed out red zebra - she has been fine and then the past few days has been the victim of a bully - she has no injuries other than her mental state.
I've removed her to her own tank to see how she recovers with cycled filter, air, I've given a little aquarium salt and have the heater going and have covered the tank so she is calm and in the dark... I will be rearranging my main tank in the next few days to add more places to hide and knock the bullies down a bit.
Apart from this is there anything else I should do for her?? I'm quite fond of her and all the other fish seem perfectly fine.

I'm glad that you care so much for your cichlids.

Good luck on your Red Zeb finding a nice little piece of territory, - Raymond

Thanks :) no point having them if I don't care about them!!

Have done AqSalt so will see how she goes in the next few days I guess - hopefully she will be ok!!

That is the point of view that makes me love the hobby.

I once read a thread about how a guy used a pleco to clean his tank and when it grew too big he gave it back to the store or if they wouldnt take it, he would euthanize it. Then he would buy a new one to serve the same niche... He called it a tool and I wanted to tell him off but you can't do anything about people like that. Plus the other members had it covered. XD

I'm sure your cichlid will be fine with such a responsible owner and family member. :) - Raymond

Yeah ikr? :( I really enjoy being their tool though. I bet they are like "HEY GUYS IT IS ALMOST FEEDING TIME. THE SLAVE IS BRINGING FOOD! GET READY!" "HE IS GOING TO CLEAN THE TANK AGAIN! IT'S GONNA BE SO CLEAN! LETS NOT PAY HIM." But jokes on them. We get paid with their well being and happiness. :)

I would give her a few days, let her relax a bit. Maybe 2-3 days? She will probably enjoy her relax time.

I'm very pregnant myself and should be on bed rest - I still make a massive effort to keep my tank perfect as possible, there is just no excuse to not be the 'tool'...
Even to the point I have given my entire angelfish set up to a good friend as I was unable to maintain as many tanks as I had while I'm pregnant. I won't let them suffer for my own selfishness. My pleco died awhile back, and even he was my pet - I grieved the loss of him. I don't understand how people can be so heartless!

It's good you are selfless especially when it comes to your fish. :)

You are really are a responsible keeper.

Best of luck with the Zebra, - Raymond

Back
Top Bottom