suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soupcan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everybody, here is my new 29 gallon planted. Do you guys have any suggestions to make it better? It really seems as though it's missing something.

Hagen AC 70
Hagen glo t5ho 1x24
No co2

Thanks!!!

ForumRunner_20120829_115739.jpg

Do you have a background? Any fish yet? Maybe a few more plants or wait for them to get bigger but it's a really nice tank!

AdamShea said:
Do you have a background? Any fish yet? Maybe a few more plants or wait for them to get bigger but it's a really nice tank!

Thanks! Im gonna add a black background and fish are going to be added next week. Im hoping for the swords the wisteria to fill in eventually.

Just give the plants time to grow and fill in. It makes a world of difference in how the tank looks. The only thing I would think of it something small like a little Crypt Parva
http://www.aquariumplants.com/Cryptocoryne_Parva_p/cr91.htm right in that hole between the big cluter of rocks and in front of the next big rock over. Something little right in that triangle to accentuate the rocks. Then maybe something low and stemy like Staurogyne repens Plant Details
in the open area behind the rocks but in front of the driftwood. A small stem plant will look good in shape and texture with all the sword shaped plants. Really good start!
Plant Details

Rivercats said:
Just give the plants time to grow and fill in. It makes a world of difference in how the tank looks. The only thing I would think of it something small like a little Crypt Parva
http://www.aquariumplants.com/Cryptocoryne_Parva_p/cr91.htm right in that hole between the big cluter of rocks and in front of the next big rock over. Something little right in that triangle to accentuate the rocks. Then maybe something low and stemy like Staurogyne repens Plant Details
in the open area behind the rocks but in front of the driftwood. A small stem plant will look good in shape and texture with all the sword shaped plants. Really good start!
Plant Details

Wow, thanks! I've never seen Staurogyne repens before and I really like it! I also like that crypt parva as well.

I have three Crypt Parva at the base of a rock cropping to accentuate it. They stay small, like 2 inches and just make nice accent plants in the front of a tank. I've been considering getting some Staurogyne repens myself. Took my dwarf baby tears out today because my yo-yo loaches keep digging the edges up not allowing to to spread and my 10 angels like to eat it! So out it came. Would love to hear if you get it how you like it.

Yeah, when i get some i'll make a profile about it or something.

Rivercats gives some great advice.

Crypts have always been THE plant of choice for me. Low demands, varying leaf textures and colors, varying sizes, and just great to keep all around. C. Parva is a great foreground plant that has some great green narrow leaves. C. Wendtii would be great for a midground plant and can come in Bronze, Green, and Red. If you want a background Crypt, look no further than C. Crispatula. Grows similar to Jungle Val but has waves in its long slender leaves.

I order my Crypts from AquariumPlants.com and they have yet to fail me (Stem plants...another story).

Back
Top Bottom